CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 26, 2007

Feeling like a "D" ?

Ever feel like a "D"? last night was my moment & I couldn't find enough "D" words to describe what I was feeling. But I did find my answer read on...
Is it worth it? was the big question that I was asking myself last night at the end of the day. I had so many questions & prayed for some of them to be answered quickly. I guess you could say that I was pretty down, discouraged, depressed & every other "D" word. I was pretty awesome at getting "D's" I high school. Except for Language arts (Taught by an awesome guy named Jonny, if you're out there you know who you are) & Literature (Taught by Tiago Drumond, no one can beat your awesomeness as a teacher, mentor, inspiration & just a great guy to be around) I wasn't that great of a student.
Any way I was just questioning whether or not my life has been worth it. I've been a teacher for many years & at times it can get tough. I wasn't sure what I was doing, or where I was going, till I came upon this blog. It's the blog of a great kid I used to teach back in the 90's, when I was just starting out as a teacher. She's 16 now & is doing so much with her life, she's a beautiful artist & photographer among other things.
Reading this made me see that what ever we do is indeed worth it & lives on in the lives of others. It's in a way a part of making them who they are today.
Pon, I hope you don't mind me advertising your blog but I want the world to know what a great person you are. http://ilovemusic-pon.blogspot.com/ People should see what a good photographer you are.
Now, even though tomorrow I'm going to wake up & do the same thing as always ( what tiggers to best) I have more inspiration for it & know that what I'm doing is worth it for all time & beyond. I really love my job & want to make the same impression on the kids I teach that my great teachers made on me.
Yes I still feel like a "D" Delighted, Dazzled & Determined, to continue making my part of the world a better place.

1 comments:

Kirsten Ryan said...

Wow! I'm honored and humbled to have someone say that about me! I never knew I would be an influence.

Vicky, could you please write me at: jfthaifamily@hotmail.com and send me some pictures of you??? Tx
Luv you
Pon