CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 04, 2007

the unsung heroes

Last night I was invited to a party with my friends & I had a great time, mostly socializing & catching up with people I hadn't see in a long time. I could go on & on blogging about how great the party was & I'm sure you'll read about it on other's bloggs.
But about all the other stuff that goes on before & after a special event like that which you rarely hear about, & the people that make it happen? Those are some of the folks I want to talk about here cause you really are the unsung heroes of the night. I may not have all of this in order & hopefully won't forget anyone (if I do please forgive me, I'm writing this after only having 2 hours of sleep last night) but I want you to know how much you are appreciated.
Chesco: Who invited us & was doing all he could to make sure we would come. I don't know how many times he skyped me throughout the day about details & what not to make sure we'd make it. And he was also a wonder host, taking time with the babies so that their moms could have some fun & keeping the garafon filled for us thirsty folks etc. Man going up & down those stairs is a deal in it self (I fell down them more than once)but with water bottles every so often... my hat's off to you.
Tammy & Angela : Who came up with the games & all that other party stuff. I admired their patience with us rolling our eyes & trying to bow out of doing something. Of course that's part of the fun in a game, acting like you don't want to do something when really you're dying to show off ha.
Steve & Chellie : OK they really were my heroes of the night or I should say morning. They not only filled up their van past capacity with us 5 extra people & if that weren't enough they also went out of their way to drive us home in the wee hours of the morning after the party. And when I say out of their way, our place is a half hour from their place in another town. I really don't know how to thank them enough.
To all my friends out there : It was great seeing you all & I love you tons

0 comments: