CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Prime The Pump

On Saturday the water pump went off, right when I was planning on having a shower.
Upon further investigation I realized that the water tank was empty. It filled up through the night but every time we would turn on the pump there would be no action. Well you can imagine what the house was like after half a day & a night without any running water, and being that it was the Easter week end, we'd have to wait till Monday have someone come and look at it. he situation seemed pretty bleak at this point.
Did I tell you I had the "wonderful" job of cleaning the "Throne room"? I was so (not) looking forward to doing that one with out running water but knowing that it had to be done,
I began hashing out my alternatives. Then the thought hit me, maybe I could try priming the pump, something my good friend, John Paone, had taught me once. So I got someone to show me where to pour the water in , but then there was the next problem. Right above the pipe hole where I had to pour in the water was a big wasp nest, with an army of angry looking soldiers waiting to attack anyone who dared venture near their territory. I can be rather squeamish around those little beasts, knowing from past experience that there is no negotiation between man & wasp. I asked a friend of mine if he had any ideas & it turned out he had a small gas burner with a hose. With that we burned out the wasp nest, then I primed the pump & whoosh we had running water again!
Thanks John, you never know how far teaching someone can go.